2019 New Years Celebration

Dec 29, 18 11:38

rflowers

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 15

I *hope* to have something ready where players can gather and celebrate New Years. I'll be working through Sunday on it, and assuming things go right, I'll let you know the location sometime Sunday evening (American-ish time). It is an island very close to spawn. It's not large, but I do feel like even if everyone showed up, there would be room. I'm sure some of you know it already. Mobs (other than any phantoms we bring) won't be a problem.

Since SV has an internaional player base (I know those sneaky Australians like to get their New Year in early), we will try to roll it out as we go along. Unfortunately, I will be at work right from New Zealand's right through to Germany's celebrations. I will attempt to coordinate with anyone interested in handing off fireworks if people are there.

So the plan is a special build or two, some refreshements (cake etc.) and fireworks. Nothing too fancy.

Dec 29, 18 13:23

rflowers

User

By the way, New Years around the world:

https://www.timeanddate.com/counters/firstnewyear.html

Dec 30, 18 23:58

rflowers

User

New Years Celebrations

I will be dropping the coordinates to the location soon. Some already know. Since SV players are all over the world, I guess this will be kind of a rolling party, if it's a party at all. So feel free to drop in, check out who's here, leave and come back later.

Hostile mobs won't be a concern; the location is in a Mushroom Fields biome, and thus nothing will spawn there. The only mob we DO have to worry about are phantoms. You can choose to wear armor or not, but keep in mind some people may bring their phantoms with them. Also, spawn protection IS close by, so that if a player attacks you and you want to get away, it's possible to swim a little and be inside the no-combat area.

Myself, I will be working on the 31st, even after Australia has already entered 2019. Hopefully I can check in from time to time even while at work. I hope to be there in the evening, Central time. I have some fireworks (with a dispenser network). Also, please check out the bouncy house (made from slimes). Careful - you can glitch through into the redstone part underneath.

There are also refreshments on the deck above the "2019" sign. I really did want to do something special with the redstone here, but I could not figure out anything fun, at least not in time.

Last, I have made a huge glass sphere on a tower. You can climb up in here and look around, and on top as well. I have been letting a vine grow down from a glowstone block, but it has been taking its sweet time. (Vines won't grow on glass, but you can climb vines that grow next to glass.) So I have an awful dirt tower with ladders to the side so you can climb.

And we have prizes! Anyone who visits can enter for a random drawing. First prize will get first pick. The second prize can choose from the rest, and so on. Prizes are:

* 1 Elytra (enchanted with Mending & Unbreaking 3)
* 1 Totem of Undying
* 1 Shulker containing 4 maps detailing spawn area (I made these maps myself, really a novelty, probably not much practical use)
* 1 Shulker containing misc. magic books : Mending, Smite 4/Prot 3/Eff 4, Resp 3/Eff 3, & Frost Walker 2
* 1 Shulker containing all 12 music discs, and a jukebox

How to enter : take a screenshot of yourself at the party place. Either post that picture in the New Years celebration thread, or in #img-spam, or send directly to my Discord. Drawing will take place Sometime on New Year's Day or later, and I will post results and contact winners.

Dec 31, 18 0:35

rflowers

User

Oh if you want to help, bring fireworks. :)

Dec 31, 18 10:25

SunnybrookOne

User

Donated: 10

Looks lovely! I brought some fireworks, where should I put them?

Dec 31, 18 10:37

rflowers

User

Prize list has been update thanks to Eni808 & logger:

- 13 db  (3 from Eni, 10 from logger)

- 10 shulker shells

Dec 31, 18 10:38

rflowers

User

I'm not sure I'd just leave them anywere, someone might run off with them... I think there's a chest under the jungle tree which I was going to use.

Dec 31, 18 10:58

SunnybrookOne

User

Donated: 10

I'm not sure I'd just leave them anywere, someone might run off with them... I think there's a chest under the jungle tree which I was going to use.

I guess I can hold onto them then - what time/zone do the festivities start? Or can I just load/fire off the ones I brought myself? I'll record video to share~

Dec 31, 18 11:02

rflowers

User

2019 has already started rolling, so I should drop the coords:

Approximately X 100, Z 550. If you boat south-easterly from spawn you probably can't miss it.

Sunny, if anyone is there now, you guys could do your fireworks at any time.

Dec 31, 18 11:02

rflowers

User

We have one more prize added : a Notch apple (enchanted golden apple) from Kael_Aderes

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2019