Makarismos ban appeal

Apr 12, 19 13:30

Makarismos

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 40

Hi all,

Ive been playing on this server for ages, today I logged on to find Ive been banned for "dupe"? Im not sure what this is, though looking it up it seems that ive been banned for duplicating items? Im guessing this is what was meant, but if not then please let me know...

I recently made an AFK fish farm in my base, Im prety sure this is alowed as have heard it spoken about alot.. but perhaps this was the issue? 

If this was the issue then I'd like to appologise, I have no intention to cause problems on the server whatsoever. To be honest I like to play on this server because I love the concept, and because survival means building everything from scratch - any sort of cheating is a bit dull and generally ruins the game for me anyway. I havnt used the methods ive seen decribed on the wiki page - with killing mobs etc, and I havnt made complex machines (My redstone sucks!) So if its not the fish farm then I dont know what it could be.. but would be curious to lean. I can see how this kind of thing would ruin the economy of the server, and wouldnt want to do that - I love this place, and the balance it gets from its structure and the endless work of the moderation team. 

I hope you reconsider as I would miss the place, if not then its been fun! 

Maka

Apr 12, 19 14:17

Makarismos

User

I think I have a lead!

I found three shulker shells at spawn, they contained some things with smpsstudent14's name on them - who I see was also banned! Seems he was duping. 

Have I been banned for picking up his shells? You can see the book he made in one of them still (I only have three!) It was, I thought, a bit of luck. They were inside the trade dispencer at Spawn, one contained a load of books and pens, one had some spell books. I dutifully took them and went home with them - as you would I guess...

I suppose you have no way of telling if I am telling the truth :) shame really

Maka

Apr 12, 19 16:19

LordBaconite

User

Dislikes: 5
Donated: 10

Looking into the matter

Apr 13, 19 6:05

Makarismos

User

Thanks Bacon :), much appreciated and sorry for the trouble

Maka

Apr 19, 19 9:10

Makarismos

User

Any insights?

I am still here and keen to play ;)

maka

Apr 29, 19 9:27

Salty_the_Crab

User

Apr 29, 19 9:35

Makarismos

User

Makarismos stranded on Banned Island

I know its a lot of trouble, and possible impossible to prove. I can tell you I did not duplicate items, and that I simply dound a couple of shulkers in the spawn trade area - but I dont know how youd show that. I am soo sorry for the trouble, but will none the less await your verdict.

Love this server, 

Maka

p.s. the sharks, they are closing on me...

Apr 29, 19 11:40

LordBaconite

User

Appeal accepted

Makarismos, 

Apologies for the delayed response, I have been in lengthy discussions with the other admins around your situation. As you stated and I saw in your player data you were in the possession of books, whos only purpose in the game is to duplicate in game. In the real world, if a person is caught with drugs on their person the "these aren't my drugs I found them" wouldn't fly. However, I was encouraged to look into your player behavior on our server and did not find any surface levels of misconduct. While I don't know why someone would take a book that they can't read, my gut believes you. And if you are cheating then I know you'll give me another chance to catch you lol. Appeal accepted You will be pardoned shortly.

Here is where we stand in-game wise, unfortunately, I do believe your base was destroyed along with all the others who were duplicated at the time of your ban, to ensure no duplicated materials survived. So while you are welcome back to play with us, I can offer you a small care package If you would like, but can't return your base. Once you are in game, throw away all duplicated items and the book at the soonest possible moment you are back online. If the next time I check your inventory after you've been on, and you still are in possession of the methods of duplication, you will be permanently banned.

Thanks for your appeal,
-LordBaconite

Apr 29, 19 11:54

Makarismos

User

Awesome :)

Shame about the base, but truly no problem! Care package not required, I will enjoy rebuilding!

Is there a way to tell if an item has been duplicated? The books are obvious, and I was only holding them for curiositys sake, Im not sure if the shulkers were, and as far as I can  remember that was all that I found... If its better I could just dunp my inventory and start again completly.

Thanks Bacon, I really appreciate the effort you have put into this, and the second chance.

~Maka

Apr 29, 19 11:58

LordBaconite

User

Just dump the book i supose would be easiest for you to recignise, Youve been pardoned, Welclome back.

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2019