Usernames and Skins

Aug 10, 19 23:33

formalcat

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 0

A few days ago someone got asked to change their username because it implied they were gay. Meanwhile players with who have avatars which represent white supremacist icons and pedophilia have not been asked to change their skins until i brought it up. Your mods really need to prioritize what constitutes a ban/warning. I asked a mod about this and they told me that apparently the user which I brought up earlier was asked to change their IGN because it apparently implied sexuality. This is all well and fine but when you consider that, in the past, hetersexual players have not been told off for discussing their opposite sex partners, thus implying "sexuality" this comes off as a double standard in my eyes. I really couldn't care less if players dicuss their romantic partners, it's not even innapropriate for children. 

TLDR Ban more racists and ban less gay people lol

Aug 11, 19 1:07

Kriannah

Potato

Dislikes: 1
Donated: 5

Hello! The person you've claimed to have a "pedophilia" skin, has changed their skin. However, the person you are refering to that has a Skeletor skin doesn't violate the rules; and your comment of "white supremacist" seems very over exagerated. Skeletor is only a comic book character; I believe. We also do not allow any sort of topics that are controversal ie: homosexuality because controversial topics cause problems to the server. 

Aug 11, 19 5:28

formalcat

User

First off, I am the person with the skeletor skin, not PixelzGuy. And secondly, banning gay people from your server is extremely counterintuitive when you claim to be a "child friendly" server. You moderators have created an environment that I would never feel comfortable bringing, say, my little siblings into. Why do you put so much effort into making sure there are absolutely no references to homosexuality present and meanwhile you don't seem to put the same effort into banning racists? I have literally watched a player ADMIT in chat that they are a pedophile and the moderator gave them a WARNING. In what world is this a child friendly server? I'm not going to keep moderating your server for you, either pick up the pace or admit you hate gay people instead of giving me weak responses. Let queer people be themselves, stop making us pretend to be something else.

Aug 11, 19 6:20

_MrTortoise_

User

Donated: 20

'Why do you put so much effort into making sure there are absolutely no references to homosexuality present and meanwhile you don't seem to put the same effort into banning racists? '

I completely disagree with this statement. Just for the reason that whoever mention the known as 'n' word gets an immidiate peem ban. 

As for the other things you mentioned, as Kri said, any controversial and non-kid-friendly  such as religion, politics and sexuallity are not allowed to be disccused or even brought up in public chat. And the same way you believe that bringing your younger siblings here is not good for them, the same way, the admin's opinion is that those matters should not be part of the public chat and that 'admiting' that he is pedophile in public chat just needs a warning. And I mean, how do you know he was pedophile, he could just be joking.

Thank you for reading, -_MrTortoise_ Warning Team Member

EDIT: Thats just my opinion :-)

Aug 11, 19 8:46

MakThePenguin

User

You seem to have gotten an incorrect impression. We dont ban gay people for being gay. We ban gay people if they, after being warned, continue coming to our server and discussing being gay. Just as we would ban people who came to our server and started discussing being straight or someone who starts discussing either black or white pride. We dont play favorites. It isnt that we have anything against anyone, we simply believe that such topics shouldnt be in the public chat of a server that welcomes children as young as 4. Children dont need to know about these things yet. Now, given your attitude on the topic youre likely going to argue that they SHOULD know about these topics. That would be YOUR choice if you had a child. That would be your choice as a parent. But that stops at logging into our server. We have our rules, and whether you agree with them or not they will be respected or you will be banned. There are some rules that I didnt agree with when I first started playing here as well, but I followed them because even if I didnt agree with the rules, I like the community that has been built here. I became a warning team and then a mod because of my love for that community. I wholly wish you to be a part of it, but in the end that is up to you.

Aug 11, 19 16:54

Kriannah

Potato

Donated: 5

First off, don't back seat a mod. Second off, we don't just ban people (except for if they say the n word, then thats a perm ban), we warn them first. This will let them know that their actions are not appropriate. If they continue, then yes, we will consider to ban them because they're not being considerate of the rules. 

Aug 11, 19 16:59

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 8
Donated: 3

Well said @Mak! @formalcat I don't see where you coming here to preach about gay rights amounts to "moderating our server for us", this server has been in operation for over 5 years and I am sure you have not been here anywhere near that long. Our stance is this: To each his own, but not in public chat on our server. It is every parents right to decided what is put infront of their children, not yours, not mine, theirs alone. This is the basis for our rules. For you to sit there and say we don't ban as many racists as we do gay people is only showing your ignorance of the situation, given the fact that if you ask anyone on the the server about this I will be backed up. I have personally stated, and made sure everyone enforces, immediate and permanent bans on anyone using the "N" word. We have banned many who joke about harming children in any way including jokes about pedophiles. The fact is the warning was issued prior to the person stating it was not a joke and was banned there after once he stated it was not a joke. So please don't come here and attempt to twist/skew situations to falsely back / justify your campaign of making us look bias toward one group or another. If you continue on this path of trying to make us look like "bad guys" or "homophobic" I will take your soap box away.

Aug 11, 19 17:15

indeysabandit

User

I told you as well, a kid friendly minecraft server is NOT the place for sexuality, It doesnt matter if someone's straight, gay, trans, etc, It's not a topic we talk about. Be it in a name, or in gen chat. I like you, you've been very nice, but you're really blowing this out of proportion. There is no hate here. It's just not our job, to delve into these topics with kids. It's the childs parents deal. Not ours. You made the example of if they had been a female and saying they like men was just heterosexual, and we still made them change the name. It's that simple. If someone comes on, with a name, stating their sexual preferences, they need to change their name or leave. This applies to all facets. Please stop taking this further than it needs to.

Aug 13, 19 8:57

Biffilobull

User

Dislikes: 3

This person is a troll. Stop feeding and responding. No one cares what your opinions are on people’s sexual preferences, it’s a Minecraft server lol. You don’t really need to explain yourself to this extent when someone is breaking your rules

Aug 17, 19 6:11

JealousManPuppets

User

Donated: 50

I just came on to say that 'I will take your soap box away' is just about the most threatening thing I will ever hear an admin on this server say, also, mod's don't pay waay too much attention to skins, so if it wasn't punished until you brought it to their attention, it's prolly just because they didn't notice immediately.

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2019