How to change a Monster Spawner mob with spawn egg without it reverting to its previous mob

May 01, 17 2:47

NaughtyBoyx

User

Dislikes: 2
Donated: 0

If you have used a spawn egg to change what mobs that are spawned by the Monster Spawner, chances are, you know that there is a glitch that causes the Monster Spawner to revert to its previous mob right after spawning the new ones, thus wasting your hard earned vote fishes.

When you find a monster spawner, you would typically place torches around it to prevent the mobs to spawn, so you can safely use a spawn egg to convert the Monster spawner, right? That's where you did wrong. You shouldn't change the Monster Spawner while it is in a "ready to spawn" state (where the mob inside it is spinning at the max speed with flames around it), because if you do, it will most probably revert to its previous mobs right after you let it spawn the new mobs.

The proper way to change the Monster Spawner is, you should first remove the torches to let the current mobs spawn first, so the Monster Spawner is no longer in its "ready to spawn state". Once the spawner is no longer in its "ready to spawn" state, you can safely apply the spawn egg and the Monster Spawner will spawn the new mobs without reverting to its previous mobs. That's it! It's that simple! Hope this helps. Special thanks to Saenaria for helping me to conduct an experiment to find this out.

Note; I cannot 100% guarantee that this will work all the time, but this has worked for me every time ever since I found this out. Also, you don't lose anything by using this method (unless you derp too much and die, because you have to let the mobs spawn first)

May 04, 17 16:51

Makarismos

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 20

Oh My, I was trying to do this and just gave up! Cheers! :D

May 08, 17 5:02

NaughtyBoyx

User

That's awesome mate! Glad it worked out for you!

May 08, 17 17:55

FROGGER12353

User

is any user able to do this?

May 09, 17 7:30

NaughtyBoyx

User

Yes, spawn eggs are available for sale at spawn shops. You can buy them using vote fish. You can use the eggs to spawn the mobs, or convert a monster spawner.

Since 1.8, you can convert monster spawners using spawn egg. But since 1.9, there has been a glitch on the where when you  convert a monster spawner with spawn egg, it reverts to its previous mobs right after spawning. So the thread I wrote is a guide to properly convert a monster spawner, so it doesn't revert.

May 11, 17 4:07

Cookster398

User

Donated: 20

So what youre saying is i can change my zombie spawner to a skellie one using a skelly egg? Hence making it forever spawn skeletons and make a farm out of that - Thanks

May 13, 17 6:16

NaughtyBoyx

User

Yes, it will stay like that permenantly and you can make farms out of it. You can only use eggs that are available for sale at spawn shops.

You can convert it to skellie spawner, but not with skellie egg, because they are not for sale at spawn. Instead, you buy the Rattle Ticket, that will get an admin to use a skellie egg to convert the spawner for you.

Oct 02, 18 2:50

Eni808

User

Just because interesting.. Why there is no posibilities to buy skellie egg directly?

Oct 02, 18 9:20

ty88ty2

User

Dislikes: 9
Donated: 105

It is to prevent use of it in the nether.

Oct 02, 18 9:41

rflowers

User

Donated: 15

What is the problem with having a skeleton spawner in the Nether? (This is will probably be "oh duh" for me, but I can't think of the reason.)

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2018