Vote Rewards Update.

May 05, 17 11:06

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 5
Donated: 0

Hello Everyone, We have added a new vote site to the list, we now have four. With the addition of this vote site we have also balanced out the rewards, please visit the Info Thread here for all of the new information. Any suggestions / comments are welcome please post them on this thread, as the Info Thread is locked.
Thank you all for voting and supporting the server!!!

May 05, 17 15:04

wildkurt

User

Dislikes: 0

I was wondering, and because I wasn't paying attention, if you vote off line do you still get the vote fish and xp?

May 05, 17 15:58

Saelanrian

User

Donated: 5

The only reward you have to be online to get is the experience, all the rest will be awarded when you log on.

May 05, 17 20:01

Duckie

User

Absolutely Quackerful.
My little duckie heart jiggles in excitement at this dazzling update. 
The renovated spawn looks delicious and challenges my palate in a sensational fashion.
I can not wait to indulge in such magnificence.
As expected of such a nice server.
However...
The vote rewards seem a bit excessive.
Yes, it is a good way to get players to vote, but I feel that the 5 levels is just an unnatural advance in gameplay.
Perhaps nerf the rewarding system a bit and reduce the level rewards to 3?

May 05, 17 22:13

wildkurt

User

I think five xp levels is a drop in the bucket. I have gear that can take 30 xp  to repair so I spend time grinding away xp at my mob spawned. If you really want excessive grand people 20 to 30 xp. 

May 05, 17 23:35

ty88ty2

User

Dislikes: 2
Donated: 25

I think the exp is cool, but I'm greedy sometimes :3. As far as unnatural advances, you're probably right. But buying spawn eggs could be argued undert that category too. The 3 level compromise sounds good. Or two? because two is a nice even number :P

May 05, 17 23:35

Duckie

User

Slightly confused at your remark.
Then why not grind? Why not actually play the game to earn the experience points? It is an "experience" after all.
It may be tedious, but is voting just an excuse for your laziness?
You shouldn't take advantage of the credit system to quickly accomplish what you want. The rewards are just a token of gratitude from the server.
And I'm not saying to remove the experience rewards all together. Just reduce the points a bit, say even by 1 point.
You gotta look at the big picture. There are beginner players who would advance greatly from the current rewarding system. Just a few days of voting and they are set for fully enchanted armory. I think that reducing the experience point rewards a bit would balance out the fairness between elite players and beginners.
This is all merely a suggestion and my point of view. You don't have to take my word for it :P

May 06, 17 7:32

SunnybrookOne

User

You gotta look at the big picture. There are beginner players who would advance greatly from the current rewarding system. Just a few days of voting and they are set for fully enchanted armory. I think that reducing the experience point rewards a bit would balance out the fairness between elite players and beginners.

I'm for reducing the XP gain a bit (3 or 4 levels seems a bit more reasonable) but I don't think you can fully enchant an entire set of armor from just a few days of voting.

30 levels minimum + (3 levels for each piece of armor (4)) + (1-3 levels for each book you enchant to fill in any missing gaps from a non-max enchant) = 50 - 75 levels

Even at 10 levels per day it'd take 5-8 days to get that many levels (6 - 9 days if the XP bonus was lowered to 4 XP every other vote), which is indeed much more beneficial to new players since grinding for levels is tougher in vanilla early on (or for those new to the entire game).

Taking into consideration the additional difficulty new players have joining a vanilla multiplayer server that's been running awhile (more difficult to find resources, passive mobs, & rare loot chests) I actually think the 5 XP bonus for voting is an appropriate number.

TL:DR - Thought 5 XP was too much, but thought about it some more & changed my mind.

May 06, 17 10:30

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 5

The experience levels are awarded every other vote, so on the votes you don't roll the dice you get xp. I agree with Sunny, when the suggestion was first made my thought process was that is to op, but then I thought about it and did some math and came to the same conclusion.

May 06, 17 14:05

Duckie

User

But experience levels does not correlate with the acquirement of resources >_>
The world is vast and the lack of passive mobs may encourage exploration...which is part of gameplay.
And 5 to 8 days of voting is "just a few days". It's not like beginner players are going to quit after a week, right?
I dunno >_> I, myself, would love a challenge and working towards a goal.
Not to mention, players would be inclined to vote more if there was a reduction in the experience point rewards...right?
Nevertheless, I understand your point of view
Quack Quack

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2017