121Logger's Staff Application

Jun 13, 17 16:44

121Logger

User

Dislikes: 2
Donated: 40

1. My IGN is 121Logger.
  2. I live in GMT or UTC +0.
  3. I’ve been playing Minecraft for more than 6 years.
  4. I’ve been on Strictly Vanilla since February 2017.
  5. SV is such a great server. Before I joined I hadn’t played Minecraft in a while and I came back to find the server I’d played on before had been closed. I started looking on the internet for a server that was properly vanilla, without extra features, such as base protection and things like sethome, but there were surprisingly few out there. When got on SV and I arrived in the quiz, I was sceptical about the Vanilla-ness however, eventually I managed to join and at that point people had already been helping me and I’ve always seen help available to any who needs it ever since then. So at this point I was pretty happy with the server and although most of the time SV is a great, friendly, peaceful server like that, sometimes there are people who find this server and decide to come on and ruin it for everyone else in some way. I hope that as staff I would be able to do a greater part to remove these people and stop them ruining the server and it’s values.
  6. I’m part of at least two different groups. One is the well known faction Sigma, which I am new to and disagree with many of its past actions, as well as Nye Kølet which was recently co-founded by me, Russ009, AbusiveBurger and JLR24
  7. There is nothing that could make me abuse any power at all as it would defeat the purpose of being staff and could lead to me getting banned, which would depress me.
  8. Players need to play, as the name suggests, Strictly Vanilla. This means no hacked clients and no disallowed mods, such as mini-maps and no x-ray texture packs. On top of this they also need to realise that glitches are not supposed to be in the game so they shouldn’t exploit them. Players also need to watch their chat use; mainly: no swearing, this includes abbreviating swears or replacing their letters with * or any other symbols that leave the meaning obvious; avoid spamming in chat, this can be repeatedly logging in or out, the obvious repeating messages over and over again or using capitals excessively; topics that may cause conflict, such as politics and religion, also need to be kept out of chat; general respect for other players is also required, just because you’re not swearing, doesn’t mean what you’re saying is ok.
  9. The staff need to follow all of the above rules themselves to an even higher standard as well as behaving responsibly at all times in order to set a good example for other players who are new or unsure of how to act. They should also readily answer questions and help out players of any status at any time and if they have issues with other staff they need to address them privately. They should also make no exceptions for anyone, no matter how friendly they are with them – a hacker is always a hacker.
  10. If I abuse power I don’t deserve to be on SV anymore and I would hope I got banned.
  11. Of course I’ll start at the bottom. That’s the only option and that’s how it should work.
  12. Whether or not I get staff I’ll continue to try and do the best for the community that I can and thank you to the current staff who make SV what it is.
Jun 13, 17 17:00

RockedYou

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 0

+1 for me seems legit.

Jun 13, 17 17:15

JLR24

User

Dislikes: 9

A definite +1 here, because normally when I'm on, there r no other staff on and those times that I can't be on, there'll be no one to help the noobs or report (in full) the rule breakers. I think that we need more GMT time zone staff and your the perfect guy for the job.

A positive and helpful member of SV, u deserve the job mate!! :D

Also you always warn (unless your being newby ;) ) the rulebreakers

Jun 14, 17 18:07

voku

User

Dislikes: 0

You seem like a good guy for the job, but 5/6 guys of your faction are already staff members.

Not saying that it would matter in this case, but having one faction full of the staff shouldnt happen IMO, because it might lead to injustice towards other players even if its not intented.

+/-0 

Jun 15, 17 10:28

JLR24

User

This post has been removed.

Jun 15, 17 14:35

121Logger

User

Thanks for the +1s JLR and Rocked and I appreciate your reasoning voku (not to say I agree with it :p)

Jun 15, 17 15:46

JLR24

User

:D

Jun 18, 17 8:00

NaughtyBoyx

User

Dislikes: 1

Well written application. And we could use more staff members in that time zone. 

+1 vouch

Jun 19, 17 12:36

121Logger

User

Thanks naughty :)

Jan 17, 18 15:20

121Logger

User

ya boi's changed his app up. do me a favour and give it a reread ;)

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2018