Forum Upgrade

Jan 12, 18 12:25

Delview

Delview

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 60

Hello everyone,

In the near future I will be upgrading almost everything about the forums. In the end they will hopefully run better, look better, be more secure, and be more fancy overall. 

Before I get started though I was wondering if there is anything you all would like to see in the upgrade that does not exist in the current version. Or if there is anything that you would like changed/removed that exist in the current version.

Let me know by posting your suggestions below. I'll try to incorporate all your suggestions into the upgrade.

Thanks!
--Delview

Jan 12, 18 17:38

Melenda

User

Dislikes: 4
Donated: 40

I think there should be an invite to the discord channel on the refurbished website to encourage more people to join. Also maybe on the side where it shows how many are online you could also show who is online at that moment.

Jan 12, 18 19:59

kajmot

User

Donated: 0

maybe add an: About Server.  tab to the top of the page with a breif discription of the server and a few of the key rules. things like think about what you cant say in front of 5 year olds and such. i know bits of this is covered in the rules but people tend not to read too far into things like the rule list. but an about tab i think would atract attention.

Jan 12, 18 20:03

kajmot

User

a quick guide to new players about votefish and how the tp funtion works might be nice too. i find myself repeating to the newbies about how to use the servers tp system. and alot of them tend to run off from spawn without voting so it makes it harder to help.

Jan 12, 18 20:05

kajmot

User

an F.A.Q tab might serve some use to the players

Jan 16, 18 14:44

121Logger

User

To be honest the website is pretty well refined at the moment however there a couple things I would personally change.

1) The messaging system, whilst cool, I expect is rarely, if ever used.

2) Despite the design being mostly good there are a couple areas where things go slightly wrong. Text going out of it's box, stuff like that.

3) I agree with kaj about an F.A.Q containing the commands and voting system, such as rolling 12s because it is not 100% obvious that votefish are used to teleport.

4) Again kaj's point concerning an about section I definitely agree with.

4) The DelviewHosts link at the bottom right only takes me to a site that cycles colours. I know that's not too relevant but I thought I'd mention it

5) Finally I think there should be a way to delete posts on the forum in case what you say becomes irrelevant or you no longer want it to be public.

Other than that I think the website is really great and there's not much to change :D

Jan 16, 18 15:13

JLR24

User

Dislikes: 9

Adding on the messaging system point (this is gonna sound REALLY stupid please forgive me lol) I can’t figure out how to read messages lol

Other than that, it’s great!

Jan 16, 18 17:58

ty88ty2

User

Dislikes: 8
Donated: 105

It would be cool to be able to work with the calender a bit. We could add birthdays to those who list theirs on a thread as well as list off events.

Jan 17, 18 12:17

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 7
Donated: 3

I like the idea of an information/FAQ tab in the nav bar, however we do have a thread with that info, https://strictlyvanilla.org/forum/topic.php?id=13

Edit: Also those with access to the shout system can use /trigger shout set 6 for the link to that page, there might also be a clickie in the clickie book for that shout as well, I will look and if not add one on the next revision of the clickie book.

Jan 18, 18 15:31

121Logger

User

Having used the forum more I think an option for posting pictures would be good (sorry if it already exists but I can't find it). The panel at the top saying Strictly Vanilla also doesnt respond well to being zoomed out.

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2018