More xp for voting

Feb 11, 18 20:55

KaptenRovsenap

User

Dislikes: 1
Donated: 25

I have been bouncing around many different vanilla servers before this one, and noticed on most servers you get quite a bit of xp for voting. I like the votefish system and all but for some people it is quite uninteresting. I think more people would vote more if you would get at least 20-30 xp total for all 4 voting sites. Vote 10 days in a row and you double. If I'm not wrong now it is about 10.

On other servers most people dont vote because of the support for server, but because of generosity with rewards in xp, and I think this server would get even more votes if you added up a bit.

Or/And when someone rolls a 12, instead of just 5 votefish youll get 30-50 xp. Makes things more interesting since most people probably already have tons of votefish in the bank.

Keep the votefishes but add some xp

Feb 12, 18 6:39

jullegulle2000

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 15

Hello,

I'm glad to hear from you that you have an suggestion for the server!
I personally think the current amount of xp you are being rewarded with is totally fine. Giving players more xp will sort of destroy the goals of gaining high levels to enchant your tools with. It will also make it very easy to get OP armor and thats no fun. But i can agree on when a player rolls a 12 that the players online can get a little bit more xp.

~ Julle

Feb 27, 18 22:55

KaptenRovsenap

User

Dislikes: 1
Donated: 25

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Feb 28, 18 15:04

rflowers

User

Sorry to disagree with you, KaptenRovsenap, but I think jullegulle2000 is right. It's never occurred to me that I'm not getting enough XP for voting. In my case, I started voting just for a show of support, and now I'm kind of stockpiling vote fish. I use the vote fish to buy elytra & shulkers from people, since I don't enjoy messing around in the End as much as some.

I think it takes away something from the game to get so much XP from elements not found in the game.

Feb 28, 18 18:21

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 7
Donated: 3

Hello, thank you for your suggestion, we do appreciate them. However, giving xp levels for voting was a debate among the owners, staff and players for a long time. So we went the middle ground route, we give 5 xp levels every other vote. That way it is not to OP for those who disagree with this, but yet still gives some xp for those who agree with this. It wasn't until sometime mid last year we started giving xp levels for votes, prior to that voting only rewarded vote fish.

Mar 01, 18 10:27

rflowers

User

I just remembered - do you get XP from smashing the vote reward bottles?

Mar 02, 18 12:03

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 7
Donated: 3

Yes you do, but they are worth 10 vote fish at the bank.

Mar 03, 18 8:48

NaughtyBoyx

User

Dislikes: 2
Donated: 0

Personally, I think the xp we get are far too much. If anything, I'd say it should be reduced, because voting for xp is too overpowered, making xp farms less useful.

Vote fish on the other hand, are actually really useful while not being too overpowered. You can use them to buy stuff at spawn shops, for example, armor, tools, or even spawn eggs. You can still use them as currency with other players, depending if they accept it, or even sell those fishes for diamonds.

Mar 04, 18 14:21

rflowers

User

My suggestion is that Naughty be forced to change his avatar. I'm getting a headache.

Mar 05, 18 12:42

NaughtyBoyx

User

Dislikes: 2
Donated: 0

Even though that's out of topic, but you disliked my post anyway? Wow, the salt is real!

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2018