Please vote to keep the current map.

Jun 07, 18 4:23

kajmot

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 0

As many of us know by now. There is currently a straw poll on the discord named: Would you like a new map for 1.13.

I simply ask everyone who wants to keep the current map to show their support and vote for trying to keep our current map.

thankyou.

Kajmot <3

https://www.strawpoll.me/15843828/r

https://discordapp.com/channels/189695895216979968/261862679646437376

Jun 07, 18 8:50

Valisbourne

User

Donated: 25

I'm not sure what point there is to playing (I like to build) if you know the map is going to be wiped out...  at least, not until the new map is in anyway.

How does that work, everyone starts anew from 0, no votes or anything?

Jun 07, 18 10:12

kajmot

User

Donated: 0

If the map wipes due to "people wanting a fresh start" ill need to reconsider if this server is for me.

For me Minecraft is a long term game. Starting all over again isnt something im interested in doing.

Jun 07, 18 10:21

Valisbourne

User

I agree on the long term aspect.  I took a few months just finding my current spot (which I'm really happy with).

I'm not sure I'd drop the server for a 'map update' (or game wipe, however you want to put it) but I'm not sure I'd play anymore until the map was reset.  (anything I did would just be gone, I don't grief or pk...  so what else is there?  Explore lands that will vanish soon?)

If the map is reset, will it keep it's current size limitations?

Jun 07, 18 14:06

Kriannah

Potato

Dislikes: 1
Donated: 5

I prefer a map reset because it's nice to have a fresh start. Ive build things, had bases that I care about but nothing lasts forever.

Jun 07, 18 14:08

Kriannah

Potato

Dislikes: 1
Donated: 5

If the map resets Valisbourne, it most likely will keep the border size. It's up to the admin's decisons'.

Jun 07, 18 15:26

Saenaria

Owner

Dislikes: 8
Donated: 3

The only time we put up the poll for fresh maps are times like this, we do not reset the map on a whim or due to requests, where a major update changes world generation. I like to know what the community thinks in times like this. If the majority wants a map reset then that is what we will do, if the vote is not clearly one sided we will attempt to update the current map. As I said on discord this straw poll was for us to see where the community stood on the subject.

Jun 07, 18 15:53

Valisbourne

User

I was pretty sure it wasn't a whim.  I'm also pretty sure that I like being on a server with a dedicated staff.  (I'd get tired FAST of all the banning you guys have to do)

I'm just new to the online MC community as a whole and this is all new to me.  Hence, questions. :)

Jun 07, 18 20:41

BigYoc18

User

Dislikes: 12
Donated: 45

I really hope that the server map will not be wiped unless needed due to glitches. people who want a fresh start can still have a fresh start on the current map just by abandoning current builds and moving locations. That is why i feel not resetting is the best scenario to please everyone.  

Jun 07, 18 23:06

VictoryKnight

User

Donated: 20

So a new map would mean what for vote fish in the bank and on hand? Items that are in someone's enderchest? Item's that were purchased with vote fish such as spawner changes or player heads?

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2018